Search

10/14/2012

Tempted by PC*Kristin Cast

Tempted, House of Night
PC + Kristin Cast

++++

If you do not like spoilers, stop reading now.

While Tempted was amazing, it fell short of Hunted. Let's just get that out of the way right now. Hunted was good- Chosen level good, like the best one I've read so far- and to be honest, Tempted befell my expectations. I was expecting way more from Tempted than I got.

In Tempted, Zoey and her friends have just banished Kalona and Neferet, and they're trying to get back to their lives when they learn Neferet has gone to the High Council. Now the kids are going to Italy to try to stop her from doing evil. Also, Stevie Rae finds herself attracted to Rephaim, a Raven Mocker whom she heals. 

The pros of Tempted first. The best part of Tempted was probably Rephaim. I can tell he's going to be my new favorite love interest, because he was amazing. His character had so much... tension when he was with Stevie Rae. And he's just a great guy in general. I loved Rephaim, and I hope PC continues this storyline and doesn't ruin it. Zoey's shattered-soul scene was amazing too. I think that's the biggest cliffhanger HoN has ever had. To be honest, Zoey was a bit annoying in this book, and it was a relief when she finally took control and tried to save Heath, even though her soul got shattered and he died. Heath's death was the saddest part of this book, because he was probably the second-best thing about it. I loved how much Heath grew in this one. He devoted himself to staying with Zoey, and in the end, to him, that was all that mattered. *squees* Just so romantic!

Another character I loved in Tempted was Aphrodite. She's grown so much since she was introduced in Marked, and I feel like she's as much a part of the circle as Zoey. I love her and Darius, too. That wasn't something I was ever expecting. Stevie Rae deserved Rephaim, as well. She was such an excellent character here, and I feel like PC's getting ready to have her take Zoey's place while she's shattered, which I have no problem with. Neferet was irritating in this one, but in a good way. She was one of those bad guys you love to hate. I hate her with everything in me, but it's fun now. 

Cons of Tempted: probably the writing. It was so much better in Hunted. I think that's why Tempted befell my expectations so much. There were so many mistakes... *shudders*

All in all, Tempted was an entertaining read, even if it befell my expectations. Okay! Onto Burned!


No comments:

Post a Comment