Search

10/14/2012

Hunted by PC+Kristin Cast

Heeeereee's Hunted!

It was a while before I read this book, because I was out of town for about a month (literally, I had to stay with my aunt) and I didn't do much reading during that time. As soon as I got home I ran to a book store and picked up the next 5 books in the House of Night series- Hunted, Tempted, Burned, Awakened, and Destined- for relatively cheap. I'm working on the reviews for all of them, and I have an unfinished Catching Fire review on here, as well as an Eclipse review.

A friend suggested the Mortal Instruments series, but I don't know if I should start reading them- comment below if you think I should.

Anyway, onto the review of Hunted.

The book is set literally right after the end of Untamed, with Zoey and the circle escaping the House of Night for the tunnels. It's basically a continuation of Untamed. Only this one's much better. I'm starting to believe that what I said about the House of Night novels getting better after each installment is true, because the tone quality is better- the novel is still dark but it's not so dark you're all gloomy the whole 323 pages- the writing is better, just in general, and the novel is just better.

One of the things I'd like to point out about this one is that I liked Damien a little more in it- and if you're a faithful reader, you know how much I hate Damien. He's freaking terrible. I am not a homophobe, because I absolutely adore Jack, but I just don't like Damien. But they wrote him a little better in this one, so maybe I can grow to like him a little more if they continue with this writing style. He was more mature- maybe that was what was so appealing about him in this one. I also really liked Stevie Rae in this one, who was kind of irritating in Untamed and Chosen.

One of my favorite parts, however, of Hunted was Kalona. His character was probably the best-developed I've seen since the beginning of the House of Night series, besides Heath. He's so.... sexy. I know, I sound silly because all he is (at the moment, I don't know if they're making a movie) is words on a page, but the way she described him literally sent chills of desire up and down my body just reading. If they ever do make a movie, they better pick the hottest man on Earth to play Kalona. His love for Zoey was attractive as well. It's not even that he loves her, it's the WAY he loves her that was so attractive. It kind of reminds me of Fifty Shades of Grey- which I'm also thinking of reading.

I also loved Stark in this book. Normally I hate cocky, arrogant boys as love interests, but Stark was so mellowed-out by his love for Zoey that that irritating cockiness was gone and he was just Starkey-poo. I love that (SPOILER ALERT!!!!) he's Zoey's Warrior now. Hmm. Let's see where that leads...

All Zoey's love interests were amusing in this one- and she had four of them. Wow. I think that's the sluttiest we've ever seen Zoey. Add another one and she can call it gang rape. That's one thing I don't like about House of Night- how much of a Mary Sue character Zoey is. Erik's kind of a Gary Sue too.

Hunted was amazing, and i can't wait to start Tempted. 


No comments:

Post a Comment