Search

1/13/2012

Betrayed by PC and Kristin Cast

Zoey Redbird is settling in at the House of Night. She's come to terms with the vast powers the vampyre goddess, Nyx, has given her, and is getting a handle on being the new Leader of the Dark Daughters. Best of all, Zoey finally feels like she belongs--like she really fits in. She actually has a boyfriend…or two. Then the unthinkable happens: Human teenagers are being killed, and all the evidence points to the House of Night. While danger stalks the humans from Zoey's old life, she begins to realize that the very powers that make her so unique might also threaten those she loves. Then, when she needs her new friends the most, death strikes the House of Night, and Zoey must find the courage to face a betrayal that could break her heart, her soul, and jeopardize the very fabric of her world.

I don't think that Betrayed was A-NY-WHERE as good as Marked. Marked was what had me waiting for the series. I have to say Betrayed was a MAJOR let-down. I don't think Zoey is really developing for me as a character. It wasn't the storyline I didn't like. The story flowed smoothly and effortlessly. It wasn't that. It was the CHARACTERS. Not all of them, but the main three were Heath, Damien and Zoey. Damien was irritating- and I'm not at all a homophobe. In fact, I go out with a bisexual boy. Heath was so damn stupid, I wanted to sock the shit out of him. And Zoey was so immature that I couldn't believe the Casts were writing from a SEVENTEEN-YEAR-OLD's point of view. I don't think even a five-year-old would say "bullpoopie." Really?

I'm going to read the next one, because I can't get enough of the storyline. It's addictive, and most of the characters are bearable. But Betrayed was a major disappointment. I hope the next one didn't suck as much as this one.

+ (1-star)

1 comment: