Search

3/25/2012

New Moon by Stephenie Meyer

Before I begin, I want to clarify exactly when my heart broke in two upon reading this book.

When Bella said, "You... Don't... Want me?" My heart shattered, and I hated Edward Cullen with all of my soul, with everything in me. That was officially when I became Team Jacob.

New Moon was a bit of a departure from Twilight. Where in Twilight the dizzying, whirlwind romance was the focus, New Moon mainly focused on Bella, and began to develop the amazing Jacob Black. Jacob was probably the best aspect about this book.

The rest? Meh.

I rated this 3 stars because it WAS good. It had the same hypnotic quality as Twilight. It was only till about the seventh chapter that I was sick of Bella's infantile whining, waiting for Prince Charming to come and save her. Oh, get over it. If I had a hottie like Jacob Black to back me up when my vampire idiot left me, I'd completely forget about Edward. Bella wallows in "sadness and pain" for about THIRTEEN CHAPTERS. Oh, please. Kill me.

The Volturi was an amazing subplot. After reading New Moon, I love Aro. I think he is my second favorite vampire character (the first being Alice).

Guys, when Edward comes back, the pace of the story kind of picks up. THAT is why I rated it three stars. If not for the Volturi scene, it'd probably be one star.

And Jacob! Oh, Jacob.

But this one was more of a MEH. Seriously, I think the only reason I'm picking up Eclipse is to see more of Jacob, because I missed him dearly as soon as Bella and Alice left for Volterra.

+++

No comments:

Post a Comment